This is a 17-slide presentation on chapter five of the novel The Bridge to Terabithia. This lesson includes opportunities for students to prove that they read and understand the chapter, can discuss conflicts and symbols in the text, can identify symbols as they read, and connect the story to their own lives.
The lesson includes the following slides:
(1) Title slide with author
(2) Reading Task Chapter Five: The Giant Killers
(3) Chapter objectives and guiding questions
(4) 5-question reading check
(5) Reading Check Answer Key
(7) Discussion Questions Possible Answers
(8) Discussing Symbols
(9) What is a Symbol? Definition
(10) Familiar Symbols
(11) Meaning of popular symbols
(12) Common Symbols in Literature
(13) Symbolism Brainstorm
(14) Symbols and their meaning in the story
(15) Symbols and their meaning answer key
(16) Free-Write: Giants in your Life
(17) Areas for further exploration for chapter 5
This lesson is designed to get students reading, discussing, and analyzing Bridge to Terabithia. The clean formatting, sharp images, and simple answer keys take the burden off teacher planning so more time can be focused on the students!
Enjoy! Please leave feedback if this lesson what useful to you!