This is a 14-slide presentation on chapter nine of the novel The Bridge to Terabithia. This lesson includes opportunities for students to prove that they read and understand the chapter and can discuss mood and its influence on the reader.
The lesson includes the following slides:
(1) Title slide with author
(2) Reading Task Chapter Eight: Easter
(3) Chapter objectives and guiding questions
(4) 5-question reading check
(5) Reading Check Answer Key
(6)Reading Activity: Analyzing Mood
(7) Definition of Mood
(8) Vocabulary for Mood
(9) Passage Analysis for Mood
(10) Text-Based Discussion Questions
(11) Extension Activity: Examining Gender Roles
(12) Traditional Gender Traits List
(13) Discussing Gender Questions
(14) Areas for further exploration for chapter 9
This lesson is designed to get students reading, discussing, and analyzing Bridge to Terabithia. The clean formatting, sharp images, and simple answer keys take the burden off teacher planning so more time can be focused on the students!
Enjoy! Please leave feedback if this lesson what useful to you!