This is a 20-slide presentation on chapter seven of the novel The Bridge to Terabithia. This lesson includes opportunities for students to prove that they read and understand the chapter, can identify and discuss conflicts, and can analyze a passage from the chapter.
The lesson includes the following slides:
(1) Title slide with author
(2) Reading Task Chapter Seven: The Golden Room
(3) Chapter objectives and guiding questions
(4) 6-question reading check
(5) Reading Check Answer Key
(6)Literary Focus: Conflicts
(7) Defining Conflict
(8) Defining Protagonist
(9) Defining Antagonist
(10) Class Brainstorm- Protagonists and Antagonists
(11) Types of Conflicts
(12) Brainstorming Conflicts in the Text
(13) Examples of Conflicts in the Text
(14) Small Group Activity directions on conflict
(15) Class Discussion Questions
(16) Passage Analysis on Leslie's Father
(17) Answer Key for Passage Analysis
(18) Writing Prompt: Thinking about Parent Relationships
(19) Answer Key for Writing Prompt
(10) Areas for further exploration for chapter 7
This lesson is designed to get students reading, discussing, and analyzing Bridge to Terabithia. The clean formatting, sharp images, and simple answer keys take the burden off teacher planning so more time can be focused on the students!
Enjoy! Please leave feedback if this lesson what useful to you!