This is a 15-slide presentation on chapter ten of the novel The Bridge to Terabithia. This lesson includes opportunities for students to prove that they read and understand the chapter, can review the main details of exposition and rising action, and can write creatively using the text and media clips.
The lesson includes the following slides:
(1) Title slide with author
(2) Reading Task Chapter Ten: The Perfect Day
(3) Chapter objectives and guiding questions
(4) Warm-Up: What would you perfect day be like?
(5) Review of the Plot Pyramid
(6) Sentence Starters Novel Review
(7) Novel Review Pos
(8) 5-question reading check
(9) Reading Check Answer Key
(10) Snap Shot: A Trip to Washington, D.C. w/ Smithsonian media clip
(11) Snap Shot: Image of National Gallery with media clip
(12) Slideshow of National Gallery
(13) Jess's Journal: Student Response
(14) Reaction to Brenda's News Discussion Questions
(15) Areas for further exploration for chapter 10
This lesson is designed to get students reading, discussing, and analyzing Bridge to Terabithia. The clean formatting, sharp images, and simple answer keys take the burden off teacher planning so more time can be focused on the students!
Enjoy! Please leave feedback if this lesson what useful to you!