This Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson is an 18-slide presentation on chapter two of the novel.
It contains the following slides:
(1) Title Slide with Novel Title and Author
(2) Reading Task: Chapter One Jesse Oliver Aarons, Jr.
(3) Lesson objectives and guiding questions
(4) Review of Plot Pyramid- Exposition
(5) 5-Question Reading Check
(6) Reading Check Answer Key
(7) Small Group Activity- Discussing the Adults in Jess' life
(8) Thinking about Mr. Aarons Guiding Questions
(9) Thinking about Mr. Aarons Answer Key
(10) Thinking about Mrs. Aarons Guiding Questions
(11) Thinking about Mrs. Aarons Answer Key
(12) Thinking about Miss Edmunds Guiding Questions
(13) Thinking about Miss Edmunds answer Key
(14) Class Discussion Questions on Small Group Activity
(15) History Spot Light: Peaceniks and Hippies
(16) Initial Impressions: Leslie Burke
(17) Textual Scavenger Hunt Thematic Link: Loneliness
(18) Suggestions for Further Exploration
This lesson is designed to get students reading, discussing, and analyzing Bridge to Terabithia. The clean formatting, sharp images, and simple answer keys take the burden off teacher planning so more time can be focused on the students!
Enjoy! Please leave feedback if this lesson what useful to you!