This product is a complete unit for a literature study on the novel, Bridge to Terabithia. The novel has been broken into a three week study (3 days a week) in which a smart notebook file easily guides the teacher and students in day to day activities. Each week, students will learn a set of vocabulary words that can be reviewed daily as a class using the smart notebook file. Readings are broken down each day into teacher read, partner read, and silent read (which may be given as homework). Weekly quizzes are also included, in which students are asked to define and use the vocabulary in sentences, answer questions about the weeks reading, and apply their understanding of the story either through a paragraph answer or another activity.
A few recommendations for buyers:
- spend time the first day having students work in groups to look up the definitions of the vocabulary words in a dictionary
- review the vocabulary each day using the slides
- to review vocabulary, have one student be the "teacher" at the board that says the word and definition before the class repeats. The student can also call on classmates to use the word in a sentence.
- feel free to adjust the reading breakdown to your needs
- have students work in groups to answer day 1 questions on day 2 before reading for day 2
*This file includes smart notebook files as well as microsoft word and pdf versions of the quiz