This Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson introductory lesson is a 24-slide presentation on chapter one of the novel.
It contains the following slides:
(1) Title Slide with Novel Title and Author
(2) Book Distribution Check List
(3) Reading Task: Chapter One Jesse Oliver Aarons, Jr.
(4) Preparing to Read Know/Question/Discover (KQD) Chart for warm-up class discussion
(5) Questions to Consider - Helping students access prior knowledge
(6) Judging a Book By Its Cover Student Motivation Activity
(7) Lesson objectives and guiding questions
(8) Review of Plot Pyramid
(9) Review of Exposition
(10) 5-Question Reading Check
(11) Reading Check Answer Key
(12) Characterization Brainstorm
(13) Characterization of Jess using best evidence from text and the
(14) Characterization Answer Key
(15) Character and Place Matching Activity
(16) Character and Place Matching Activity Answer Key
(17) Literary Focus: What is Figurative Language?
(18) Literary Focus: Defining Similes and Idioms
(19) Simile and Idiom Identification and Explanation Activity
(20) Simile and Idiom Answer Key
(21)Critical Thinking Questions
(22) Critical Thinking Textual Evidence and Inference Chart
(23) Additional Discussion Questions
(24) Suggestions for Further Exploration
This lesson is designed to get students reading, discussing, and analyzing Bridge to Terabithia. The clean formatting, sharp images, and simple answer keys take the burden off teacher planning so more time can be focused on the students!
Enjoy! Please leave feedback if this lesson what useful to you!