NOTE: The 25 "Words to Know" on the bookmarks are the same words covered in my BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA synonym/antonym crossword and are a part of my BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA 50-word Prereading Crossword. See list of products below.
Use all three products to reinforce meaning!
The many editions of BOOKMARKS PLUS provide students with essential knowledge of the book: title, author info, publication date, genre, story premise, descriptions of main characters, and setting. Each edition also contains a "Words to Know" section, which students can refer to as they come across difficult words. Some even feature a list of words, along with their definitions, that are specific to the setting.
BOOKMARKS PLUS come 5 to a page, front to back, so you can print as many as you like for as long as you like with only a minimal initial investment! The bookmarks are also provided in both a color version and a black and white version.
DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW FILE AND RECEIVE A FREE EDITION OF BOOKMARKS PLUS!
Elementary editions of BOOKMARKS PLUS:
• The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
• Be a Perfect Person in Just Three Days
• Because of Winn-Dixie
• Beezus and Ramona
• The Best School Year Ever
• Blood on the River
• Bridge to Terabithia
• Bud, Not Buddy
• Call It Courage
• Catherine Called Birdy
• The Cay
• Charlotte’s Web
• The Clay Marble
• Cryptid Hunters
• A Day No Pigs Would Die
• Dead End in Norvelt
• The Devil’s Arithmetic
• Diary of a Wimpy Kid
• Dicey’s Song
• The Egypt Game
• Esperanza Rising
• Found, Book 1: The Missing
• Freak the Mighty
• From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler
• Glory Be
• Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
• In the Year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson
• Island of the Blue Dolphins
• Jacob Have I Loved
• James and the Giant Peach
• Julie of the Wolves
• The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
• Lupita Mañana
• The Magician’s Nephew
• Maniac Magee
• The Midwife’s Apprentice
• Missing May
• Moon Over Manifest
• The Mouse and the Motorcycle
• The Night Tourist
• Number the Stars
• Old Yeller
• One Crazy Summer
• The Pinballs
• Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
• Running Out of Time
• Sarah, Plain and Tall
• Shakespeare’s Secret
• Shooting the Moon
• The Sign of the Beaver
• Sing Down the Moon
• A Single Shard
• Stone Fox
• Summer of the Monkeys
• The Tale of Despereaux
• Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing
• The Tiger Rising
• The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle
• Tuck Everlasting
• The Watsons Go to Birmingham—1963
• When You Reach Me
• When Zachary Beaver Came to Town
• Where the Red Fern Grows
• The Whipping Boy
• A Wrinkle in Time
Don't see a bookmark for your favorite title? Contact me through TPT, and I’ll create one for you!
Here are my unique products on BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA! Check out all 14 in my store!
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: Bookmarks Plus—A Handy Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more!
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA Trivia Game My ThemeQuotes games are the only games that link famous, value-promoting quotations to the themes of the books you teach! Students work in teams to play this cross between Wheel of Fortune™ and Trivia Pursuit™ game! 132 questions!
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the Bridge to Terabithia edition of Bookmarks Plus and the Bridge to Terabithia Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: Synonym/Antonym Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! When used with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword, this puzzle helps reinforce the definitions of new words.
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: Vocabulary Crossword—Fun Way to Learn New Words! Students provide synonyms for challenging words from the story. Good extra credit activity!
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: 11 Cryptograms—Encoded Similes from the Novel! Students must use their knowledge of the story, their spelling skills, and their imaginations to decode examples of similes from the story! Each cryptogram puzzle has its own code. A great way to teach figurative language!
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: 4 Categorized Word Searches Based on the Book! Categories: Characters; Lark Creek Elementary; Friday Afternoons; Sites to See in Washington, D.C.
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: 4 Fill-In Word Puzzles—Good Trial-and-Error Workout! Students enter common words from the story into the puzzle grid, based on the number of letters in the word. The puzzle can be challenging, but each time students enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: 5 Fractured Maxim Word Puzzles Students rearrange “tiles” to form wise sayings that relate to the themes of the book. Requires students to use their knowledge of the story as well as their knowledge of theme, spelling, phonics, vocabulary, and language!
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: 6 Cryptocategory Word Puzzles—Unique! Students decode lists of categorized words from the book! Categories: Chapter Titles; Terabithia; Julia Edmonds; Jess; Jess’s Home Life; Leslie’s Home Life;
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: 9 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Unique! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: Anagram Crossword Puzzle—Challenging! Students decipher common terms from the novel! The puzzle can be challenging, but, as with all crosswords, almost every time they enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: Characters’ Quotations Crossword—Fun! Students use their knowledge of the story as well as their spelling skills to figure out what word goes in the blank!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!