This extensive bridges and structures unit includes a variety of different learning activities that are sure to engage all learners in you classroom. This unit Includes: task cards, inquiry based learning, STEM projects, interactive notebook activities, and a research project. I have included formative assessment methods and all of the directions, worksheets, and reading resources you will need to successfully teach this fun topic.
Table of contents:
1. Engineering and design a process poster
2.Engineering and designing process questions
3. List as many…buildings and structure partner activity
4. Vocabulary word and definition cards
5. Building materials past and present article
6. Building materials inquiry questions
7. A career in building: architects and engineers
8. Research and rebuild inquiry assignment.
9. Create a blueprint for a new floor plan at your school (includes: directions, template, and self/teacher assessment page).
10. Geodesic dome wheel interactive notebook page.
11. Marshmallow geodesic dome STEM activity
12. Famous buildings task cards (Includes: directions, task card questions, and 16 task cards).
13. Create a post card about a famous building (includes: directions and postcard template).
14. Compare and contrast 2 different structures venn diagram
15. Types of different bridges poster
16. Suspension bridges fact poster
17. Truss bridges fact poster
18. Cable bridges fact poster
19. Arch bridges fact poster
20. Cantilever bridges fact poster
21. Bridges mind web
22. Buildings in space: all about the International Space Station (poster and web links).
23. Lego building challenges (includes: directions and 10 task cards).
24. My famous structure research project. (includes: directions, 4 templates, and self assessment/teacher assessment page).
25. Our local structure observation cards. (Includes activity directions and card).
26. STEM building challenge poster
27. What is STEM? Poster
28. STEM planning page graphic organizer
29. My STEM building journal
30. Step by step my STEM building process interactive notebook page
31. My STEM building process (Tell me more…) (Includes: directions and template).
32. The suspension bridge STEM challenge
33. The truss bridge STEM challenge
34. The sky scraper STEM challenge