This unit includes some fun ideas and activities to use with your class during the holidays. The theme of the unit is "Christmas Bulbs"
- Countdown to Christmas for 1st/2nd level
or 3rd/4th level. You can hang the bulbs from black yarn. Each day have the students take a bulb off and complete the problem. This can be used during morning meeting, or as a warm-up for math. This is another way to have a countdown to the holidays, without just doing the chain links.
- White Board templates to laminate that go with the “bulb” theme. Students can use this to show their work/answer for the countdown for Christmas, or just to use during the holiday season.
- Behavior Chart, and or Homework Completing Chart— I know I am always trying to think of “new” ideas to keep the studentsinterested. You can use the chart to focus on one specific behavior, or you can use it for multiple. Each time a student meets the goal they can “brighten” their bulb and color it . When they fill in all their bulbs they can get a reward. For the homework chart you can have them earn a prize when they fill in all their bulbs.
- Multiplication and Addition and Subtraction practice sheets that also works on odd and even numbers.
- Bulb Money- You can use the money bulbs as manipulatives for your own activities, or you can use the task cards as a station or game with the coins.
- What is your BRIGHT idea? Writing piece. This is a writing idea that will get your students to think about ways to help others during the holidays. Remind them that helping other doesn’t always have to involve money. Have them pick a “bulb” character to color with their writing pieces. I have also included a “bulb” book if you want them to write several ways to help others. They can draw a picture to go with each page as well.