The following is a one-day (75 minute periods) worksheet and PowerPoint bundle on British imperialism in India. This lesson contains a variety of common-core based activities designed to promote class discussion and critical thinking.
Topics covered in this lesson:
• Take over of India by British East India Company
• Sepoy Rebellion
• Positives and negatives of British imperialism in India
• Do now that appropriately sets up the lesson
• Primary and secondary source analysis with questions
• Decision making activity – Sepoy Rebellion
• British imperialism in India – Blessing or Curse creation of a poem or rap
• Enormous opportunities for class discussion
• 15 fact-based and critical thinking questions.
A 9-slide PowerPoint presentation is included that contains additional questions, photographs, maps, and other images that bring the lesson to life.
I also offer a 3-day worksheet in Ancient India and its belief systems...
Indian Civilization - Hinduism and Buddhism - Global/World History Common Core
...and a lesson/worksheet on Gandhi and Indian Independence...
Gandhi and Indian Independence - Global/World History Common Core
...or a bundle of both this lesson and the Gandhi lesson...
Bundle #3 - Imperialism in India - Gandhi - Global/World History Common Core
...or a bundle containing all three lessons...
Bundle #11 - India - Global/World History Common Core
Feel free to modify this bundle however you see fit. Follow me to receive notifications when any new products are uploaded. Please take a moment to rate this bundle. Thanks!