If you are teaching British Literature and need a quick-and-easy way to place your text in history then this timeline is for you! In print-n-go pages it charts British Literature from 1000 - 2000 and has pages of extra details!
1. Timeline (8 pages) (color)
2. Doodle notes (1 page) (b/w)
3. Key historical events (5 pages) (color)
4. Author images (7 pages) (color)
5. Teacher Guidance (1 page)
Use in the classroom:
1. Print the timeline on standard paper or enlarge according to your preference (laminate according to your preference). Pin up on your classroom wall.
2. Print the key historical events and the author images (laminate according to your preference). Add these to your timeline display to give more contextual detail.
3. You could use the author images for activities in your classroom – for research, for an inference / prediction activity, or for a game of ‘Guess Who?’.
4. Print the doodle notes page for your students to research the specific author or time period you are studying. It is designed for them to use dual-coding (both images and words) to help them learn and remember facts.
I have tried my best to add many of the great British writers to this timeline but as you can imagine it is not possible to include them all. It would either make the timeline too long or too cluttered. As such you may notice that some have made the cut and some haven’t. This timeline is designed to be a detailed starting point, rather than a definitive list. You will also note that no US or European literature is on this timeline as it focuses only on British Literature.
Take a look and see what buyers have said about my literature resources:
♥ “I'm excited to use this with my 6th grade Honors English students.” February 12, 2017
♥ “Great background information” January 23, 2017
♥ “My students loved this. Thanks!” January 16, 2017
♥ “Very well done. Great intro activity for all level classes.” January 11, 2017
If you are looking for more ideas for creative writing, you might also be interested in:
Introduction to Shakespeare
Romeo and Juliet Workbook
Don’t forget to leave me feedback! You will earn TpT credits which means you receive discounts on your next purchase. And I do love receiving your feedback!
Follow my store to receive updates of all my new products and all my offers.
Thank you for visiting my store
at Literature Daydreams