Thoroughly tried and tested 4 week unit on British Poetry! Suitable for ages 10-14, with particular focus upon creative analysis and having fun with poetry.
* 12 lesson plans (with 16 differentiation strategies)
* 58 slide PowerPoint presentation
* All resources
* Homework project
Unit's lessons include:
* Speed dating activity to learn poetry terms e.g. stanza, simile etc.
* Exploration of British culture
* Writing poems about British culture
* In-depth analysis of 1950s poem 'Timothy Winters'
* Reading essay assessment on 'Timothy Winters'
* Analysing and storyboarding 'Jabberwocky' by Lewis Carroll
* Developing vocabulary through nonsense poems
* Nonsense Poetry - performing poems as a group
* Spelling tests (differentiated)
* Teacher/peer/self assessment opportunities
Thank you for taking an interest in my product! If you do decide to proceed to purchase, I'd really appreciate your rating and feedback. This will help me to adapt future products and edit existing ones so that they can really be the best they can be.
If you enjoy this product, please do check out my others and click 'Follow' to be the first to hear about new products, sales and promotions!