How did the British and US Nations influence Australia's legal and parliamentary systems? How is the Queen connected to Australia? What similarities do we still share with other countries today?
Use this fantastic resource which includes informational slides and worksheets for students to explore what Australian democracy is and the external impact of the USA and Great Britain on our government and policies today!
Informational slides include the following:
- What is a democracy?
- What are external influences on democracy?
- Britains influence on Australian systems
- Australia's separation of powers: current minister positions
- The British monarchy and Australia
- The Union Jack- National Flag similarities
- Similarities between British and Australian political and cultural life
- The United States influence on Australian systems
- Federal government model
- Similarities between the USA and Australia
These colourful slides can also be printed out to be used as posters around the classroom. This information will provide students with a strong background of knowledge to complete the worksheets provided in this download.
Worksheet 1 & 2: Written short answer tasks and fill in table based on the influence of GB and USA on Australian democracy
Worksheet 3: Fill in the blanks worksheet (includes a wordbank)