Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.37 MB | 17 pages
* This is not included in the writing or project bundles.
This bundle is for a newscast assessment that is done more than once with a length of 10 minutes or more. Check out my other products - the Newscast Project or News Magazine for a one time, shorter assessment if that's what you're looking for. The materials in this one are meant to be used over and over again during a semester or year in a course with studio equipment. Your studio does not have to be high tech! You can do this as a unit or for a course that includes daily, weekly, or monthly productions. Each rubric can be used in many ways. For example, you can grade each student on anchoring skills on separate days, train and assess all on technical directing, and even grade an entire class on the newscast.
Common Core standards included on each rubric.
Included in the bundle is:
The file called News Process includes directions on how I run my newsroom course, and it provides suggestions for you on how to use these materials.
1. Announcement and project tracker - Excel sheet
2. Story/Package rubric
3. Anchor rubric
4. Technical Director rubric
5. Director/Assignment Manager Rubric
6. Script checklist
7. Newscast brainstorm sheet
8. Pre-production sheet - checkoff for all tasks to complete before the newscast begins
9. Newscast rubric - to grade the entire newscast
10. News Values handout - chart for students to determine newsworthy stories
11. Sample Schedule