This packet includes several literacy activities perfect for a kindergarten classroom at the beginning of the school year!!
There are twenty printable pages focusing on important kindergarten literacy skills, such as matching uppercase and lowercase letters, color words, writing letters, building sentences, sorting by beginning sounds and emergent reading skills.
Here are the contents of this packet:
1. Three pages on which students match the lowercase letter with the uppercase letter.
2. One page where students read the color word and color the dot to match.
3. Nine pages on which students read a simple sentence, trace the sentence, and then cut and glue word pieces to build the sentence. The sentences follow the pattern, "I see a brown bear."; there is a page for each animal character in the book.
4. A sorting activity in which students cut pictures and glue them in the correct column based on beginning sound; this focuses on the /b/ sound, like bear and the /c/ sound, like cat.
5. An emergent reader little book entitled "What Do You See?", which follows the pattern "I see the (color) (animal)."
6. Two handwriting pages: one with uppercase letters and one with lowercase letters.
These are independent practice activities that could be used as morning work, classwork, homework, or during literacy centers/stations/Word Work.
If you like this product, you might find my other Brown Bear theme Products useful:
*Brown Bear and Friends Math and Literacy Centers*
*Brown Bear Pattern Practice Pages*
*Brown Bear Graphing Practice Pages*
*FREE Brown Bear Counting Practice Pages*
Thanks for looking and happy teaching!!
Clip Art Purchased from KPM Doodles
Background purchased from Scrappin Doodles