Do you want to use primary sources
when teaching about the Civil Rights Movement
and Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka
Hoping to practice primary source analysis skills
while your students read the actual Brown v. Board of Education
Supreme Court Case?
This 1-page handout provides the original Supreme Court
ruling as well as the document image for students to analyze with guiding questions for a better understanding of American documents and, in this case, the 1954 Brown v. Board of Education
case. Includes a significance wrap-up question in which students utilize all of the information to explain the significance of the case or ruling.
Answer Key is Provided!
All images and other primary sources collected from Library of Congress, National Archives or public domain.
Document image is not clear for text reading as all text is in reading block, but is provided for students to see actual document and to evaluate larger content such as dates and format.
See preview for actual product.
Great class or homework assignment!
See other Primary Source Analysis Activities in my TpT Store!
You may really like my U.S. Primary Source Analysis Bundle and My SPRITE Series!
• Civil Rights Act of 1964 Document Analysis Activity
• Civil Rights Movement Legislation Primary Source Analysis Homework Activity
• Civil Rights Movement Ppt w/ Core Content Lecture Notes
• Civil Rights Movement Primary Source Analysis Bundle
• Civil Rights Movement in Pictures
• Heroes of the Civil Rights Movement Powerpoint Presentation
• Impact of the Civil Rights Movement Powerpoint w/ Content Statistics
• Leading to the Civil Rights Movement Primary Source Analysis Assignment
• Civil Rights Movement in Action Primary Source Analysis Activity
Please visit my TpT Store for other great Social Studies, ELA, and New Teacher Resources.
You will find:
Walking Tours through History, Archeological Digs, Bio Card Activities, Game Card Sets, Scavenger Hunts, Centers & Stations Activities, Interactive Lectures, Analysis Assignments, Student Review Materials, Role-Card Activities, Human Board Game Sets, & so much more!