This activity booklet was designed to fulfill the requirements for the Brownie Robotics Badge 2: Designing Robots or can be used by frontier girl leaders to earn similar badges.
This booklet has interactive activities and design challenges that teach girls how to design robots. These activities include brainstorming how to use different robot parts, learning about biomimicry, and sketching their own robot design. With step-by-step activities, you can’t ask for a easier way to run your meeting. Learn more about this activity booklet and get yours today!
- Learning how robots which resemble nature: Girls will match the purposes of robots that use biomimicry with the robots themselves.
- Using the different parts of a robot: Girls will learn how the different parts of a robot work and brainstorm how to use them.
- Turning a simple device into a robot: Girls will use their imaginations to transform everyday devices into autonomous robots.
- Sketching out your robot: Girls will complete a rough draft of their robot, including labeling at least 3 key parts, including sensors.
- Revising Your Robot: Girls will practice getting feedback from their peers and incorporate that feedback into version 2.0 of their robot.
Do you need more ideas on this topic? Gain even more free ideas to teach your girls more about designing robots, click here.
Leader Connecting Leaders is not affiliated with The Girl Scouts of the USA. The products are not connected with, affiliated with, approved by, endorsed by, or otherwise sponsored by The Girl Scouts of the USA