Fry’s Second 100 Bubblegum Unit!
This year my school asked us to concentrate some time on tracking sight word fluency. We put it off for a short while because, honestly, all we received by way of advice was the list of the First 100 words. It seemed like a really daunting task! Finally, I turned to Pinspiration! The bubblegum unit idea came from there, but the materials and system are my creation. We wanted something easy to maintain and student-led. This is what we came up with! This file is the first half of our Fry’s packets with the same bubblegum theme.
The materials are simple:
Each student needs:
- A copy of the Master Bubble List Letter (sent home)
- Their own bubblegum machine print out to color/decorate
- The pre- and post-assessment spelling sheet
- The “chewed-up and spit-out gum” jar sheet (optional)
- A copy of the classroom chart where you’ll mark off their progress
- A copy of the Fry First 100 book
- Gobs and Gobs of round “gumball” stickers (we use blank yard sale ones, either colorful or white and the kids decorate)
You get all of these materials (except the stickers), as well as a sight word game called "Pop!" for small group or centers time! You can also use the word cards for flashcards or print two copies for a memory game!
Please enjoy and know that your feedback is always invaluable!
**See my listing for the "Double Bubble" pack and get Sight Words 1-200 at a discounted price!**