Bucket Fillers Big Kit!
Spreading kindness is one way to eliminate bullying and build a climate of respect and cheer, as well as creating positive self-esteem and climate!
Adapted after the super-popular book, How Full is Your Bucket? by Rath & Reckmeyer, I have included activities to get you started! This product is ideal for grades K-5!
- I am a Bucket Filler-These cards are designed to be printed on card stock and laminated and given to each child in your class. When a kind act is done and noticed, the card of the child who did the good deed is then hole-punched around the edge on a star or heart. Once the card is completed, then a small award is given. Alternatively, you can pass them out as you see kindness being done and then create a class chain by hole punching the upper left and right corners and linking them together.
- Bucket Filler Award-Can be used after the Bucket Filler card has been completed or for you to give to your kids or the kids to give to one another.
- Our Class Book of Kindness contains two covers; color and B/W and are both editable so that you can add your class name, grade and year or whatever else you want. This also contains two types of paper; primary and upper grade with a place to add a picture. Another way to use this is do demonstrate with modeled writing. For younger kids, you can add a sentence starter or do this whole group, eliciting ideas from your class and then have them illustrate a page. Included is a template that you can decide if you want to add your own text and sentence starters or lines.
- Bucket Fillers Pledge can be displayed in your class. It is an original written by me. Good for K-2 kids.
- We are Bucket Fillers, Not Spillers poster to hang in upper or primary classrooms or throughout a school. A “spiller” is someone who knocks someone down with mean words or actions.
- Acknowledgement Cards for Compliments can be printed and stored where your kids can access them and give them to each other. There is a primary form and an upper-grade one. They read, “To____, I wanted to help fill your bucket by letting you know…” and younger version has a sentence starter that reads, “Dear_____, I like how you…” At my school, we do this school-wide and they are read on the announcements each morning.
- Class Incentive Poster for Filling Class Bucket-These are incentives that the kids can work for as they display kindness on a daily basis. There are five ways to celebrate: popcorn/movie party; milk & cookie party, ice cream or ice pop party, computer or extra recess party and the last one is up to you and your class to decide! You set the parameters on how they will earn a class privilege. There is also a template where you can type your own text and incentives.
- Bulletin board that reads, “Fill A Bucket” on bunting along with different colored buckets that you can add a photo and the child’s name. Each time their bucket gets filled, you can add a sticker to the bucket. This will let others know who needs their bucket filled and how well they are showing kindness and respect. I have also included buckets that show ways to fill one another’s bucket and these would make great talking points before displaying them. You can laminate them and use them how you wish.
The following are editable templates to help you customize:
- Both class book covers-You cannot change the cover but add your school year and class name.
- Compliment cards-you can add your own text
- Pages to the book contain no lines so you can add text or leave them the way they are with lines
- Class incentive poster (color only) to add text and incentives
- 1 page to add to my existing ways to show kindness that you can add more ideas that your class comes up with
- Colorful buckets to add photos and names
**This product comes in a PDF version of all items plus a PowerPoint with the editable file
There are so many great ways to implement this concept and this will help you get started!
Thanks for stopping by!!
You may also be interested in these other products:
Ice Breakers & Community Builders for Kids
Happy Birthday Candy Bar Wrappers
The BIG Cheese-Student Recognition Program
I hope you will consider following me for product updates and freebies!