If you’re looking for engaging and educational activities that will help your students deepen their understanding of the novel, Bud, Not Buddy
, then you’re in luck! This resource is filled with ten different activities that will help your students connect to, analyze, predict, investigate, synthesize, evaluate and comprehend the novel Bud, Not Buddy.
All of the activities are hands-on, interactive, engaging and tap into different learning styles that require students to become actively involved with their reading. Whether students are participating in small group discussions, creating a character suitcase, drawing comics, making interactive shapes and foldables, or creatively writing, they’ll be having fun! Many of the activities result in work that can be displayed and showcased in your classroom...and the best part is that students will understand the novel Bud, Not Buddy
Each activity is easily adaptable to an in-class activity, homework assignment, or authentic assessment.
Includes 10 Bud, Not Buddy
• Activity 1 (Chapters 1-2) - Summarizing Flipbook
• Activity 2 (Chapters 3-5) - Walking in Bud’s Shoes - Connection Activity
• Activity 3 (Chapters 6-7) - Character Analysis Suitcase and Tags
• Activity 4 (Chapter 8) - Group Discussions
• Activity 5 (Chapters 9-10) - Drawing to Show Understanding - Comics
• Activity 6 (Chapter 11) - Evidence-Based Predictions
• Activity 7 (Chapters 12-13) - Rule Analysis and Creative Writing Activity
• Activity 8 (Chapters 14-15) - Connections Chain
• Activity 9 (Chapters 16-18) - Character Transformation Suitcase
• Activity 10 (Chapter 19 & Afterward) - Theme Analysis Foldable
These activities connect directly to Common Core Learning Standards: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1, CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.2 , CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.3, CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.6, CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.9
You may also like...
Independent Reading Program
Memoir Study and Writing Unit
"Casey at the Bat" Unit
20 Daily Warm Ups
- Engaging and Educational Bell Ringers
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
*** Click HERE
to receive the Brain Waves Instruction Newsletter
filled with exclusive FREEBIES and Teaching Tips!
*** Click HERE
to become a seller on TpT
(Referral by Brain Waves Instruction)
Brain Waves Instruction