This Bud, Not Buddy (by Christopher Curtis) activity can be used for any teacher doing a Novel study or vocabulary enrichment and includes the following items:
1. 16 HOT Questions for chapters 7 through 19. Each question lists which Bloom's taxonomy level it is addresses and which chapter it comes from.
2. A Student Vocabulary Guide for all chapters (1--19). This 10 page document has 85 vocabulary words (for fourth/fifth grade students) listed by chapter and page where the best definition 'context' can be found. 15 of the words do not have an assigned page number (used as enrichment). ASNWER KEY provided.
3. Printable student vocabulary cards for chapters 9--11 and 12--14 (print the excel file and have the students cut and fold over the vocabulary/picture cards).
4. Folders of vocabulary images for chapters 9--11 and 12--14. Project these on your SmartBoard and have your students hunt for more images of other terms.
5. Vocabulary Quizzes for chapters 9--11 and 12--14. Both quizzes have 12 term matching questions and 3 short response questions (focusing on vocabulary word meanings and using the words in context). ASNWER KEY provided.
6. 2 vocab card matching homework activities (students can use their printable vocabulary cards to place on this worksheet as a vocabulary center),
Please let me know if you have any requests -- enjoy!