This is the first in a series of 20 lessons on Buddhism for GCSE/High School level students
It is based on the OCR Full-Course Specification: for the 'Beliefs, Teachings & Practices' section of the course [section A].It is also relevant to teachers using the AQA specification (which is, essentially, a less detailed version of the OCR one) and most other Religious Studies exam specifications in the UK.
Lesson 1 deals with: Buddha and Enlightenment
• The life of Buddha
• The early life of Buddha
• The Four Sights
• Defeat of Mara
• Issues related to the life of Buddha, including the importance of Buddha for Buddhists in the modern world.
• Common and divergent emphases placed on the life of Buddha by different Buddhist groups
• Different interpretations and emphases given to sources of wisdom and authority by different Buddhist groups.
• Anguttara Nikaya (AN) 3.38
• Samyutta Nikaya (SN) 35.199
• Majjhima Nikaya (MN) 36
• Samyutta Nikaya (SN) 56.11
The Download includes:
-A PPT Containing a Full Lesson (with assessment)
-A complete lesson plan covering: objectives, key-words, differentiation, and lesson timeline.
-A video outlining the life of the Buddha.
-A Homework Task
If you found this lesson to be of a high-standard, please download our other lessons as a part of this course from our shop: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/The-Philosophy-And-Religion-Resource-Base