This pack of lesson plans, posters, and sample anchor charts will help you teach your students to read with a partner. The lessons will teach students to read and talk about books productively!
This 75-page pack is full of practical tips and strategies to help you implement two routines in your classroom: sharing time and buddy reading. Sharing time and buddy reading will give Kindergarten or First Grade students important opportunities to talk with one another about texts. These routines fit nicely into a reading workshop and/or balanced literacy program.
The pack includes:
- 27 ready-to-go minilessons
- 14 posters (color and B&W) to serve as visual supports
- Photos of anchor charts
- Tips to help you get your Kindergarten or 1st grade students discussing books with each other and reading together
Students will learn to:
- Work together respectfully
- Talk about what they have read
- Work together to read/retell/act out stories
- Discuss ideas in fiction and nonfiction texts
- Coach each other to use decoding strategies
Please view the preview before you purchase!
If you're looking for reading comprehension lessons for K-1, click here.
By: Learning At The Primary Pond with Ms. Lilypad