Our Buddy Support Program helps children beginning school to feel safe, secure and part of a community for a positive start to their education. Knowing someone in the school before they begin can help to ease concerns and foster a feeling of belonging.
Pairing beginning children with a grade 5 buddy gives them two years of friendship with someone they feel they can trust and rely upon. For the older child, it develops a sense of responsibility, nurtures empathy, provides purpose and an opportunity for leadership within the school community.
This pack includes:
• Explanation and instructions for implementing a successful buddy program
• 4 activities for grade 5 children
• 4 activities for buddies to complete together
• 5 BONUS coloring pages
* You will need Acrobat 7.0 or later - please contact me if you have an earlier version.
This resource is also available in US Letter Format
This resource is part of our whole school, evidence-based SEL curriculum promoting kindness and mindfulness. Please check it out on our website.
You might also like:
• Kindness Coloring Pages - coloring is a fabulous mindfulness activity
• Kindness Checklists - use ours or customise to suit your school
• Kindness and Bucket Filling Bundle - fun and effective SEL resources
• Bucket Filling - without the extra kindness lessons
• Managing Anger and Anxiety - a terrific SEL resource for nurturing student wellbeing
• Kindness Display Posters - for promoting positive feelings and actions in the classroom
If you have any questions or ideas for other products you'd like to see in our store, we’d love to hear from you!
Please email us at email@example.com or find out more about what we do at www.ripplekindness.org.
Have a great day! ☺
Proceeds from sales on TPT help support disadvantaged school families via our outreach program Nourish Network.
Did you know you can save money on TPT resources by leaving feedback?
You can receive credit
towards future TpT purchases by reviewing products.
If you like this one, please leave a review on the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account”.
Your feedback is of great importance to us as it helps in determining which products are most valuable to you and your students.
Be the first to know about new products, freebies and discounts by becoming a follower. SImply click the green star next to our store logo to receive email updates.
© Ripple Kindness Project
Materials are intended for personal use in one classroom only. For use in multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses.