This is my capstone project as a middle school teacher. It would be a great high school / life skills / or Math assignment as well. This project involves being assigned one of five careers with locations in California (you can white out the cities if you want), that become part of a future self narrative, budget, and career exploration project. This can be a 3 day lesson, or extend up to 3 weeks as needed for extensions, adjustments, or additional ideas as student present questions. Great for Jr. High, middle school 8th grade, High School, or independent work and career exploration.
My students love this future self project and learn a lot about how much it takes in life to plan, find a home, make a budget, calculate a mortgage, and consider how well their individual skills and aspirations match with their assigned careers. Students have to make calculations, estimations, look up more information, and critically think about their life situations.
Total: 9 pages, 5 career options, analysis pages, budgeting table, provided salaries, and other considerations.
Try my TOP 7 Middle School Resources in my HaugerHistory Store:
7. 10 Week Computer Science Technology Course for Middle School Jr. High
6. Colonial Sales Booth Project Students Sign Up Settlers to the Colonies
5. Free: Geometry Walk: Take Math Outside
4. Sub-Saharan Africa Matching Vocabulary Terms and Extra Detail Test
3. 3 Months of Reflective Journal Writes from History December Winter Prompts
2. Create Your Own Feudal Empire Project Students Create A Middle Ages Country
1. 5 Keys to Winning Speech and Debate for Students by a Debate Champion
And whether you buy or not, enjoy a free acoustic song, free from me! "Laddering" Unplugged