A bumper pack of 6 black and white NO PREP differentiated puzzles with picture clues - great for a bug project or learning basic invertebrate vocabulary. Fun for EFL/ESL. Includes word search, crossword, missing letters puzzle, word scrambles, mini acrostics and codebreakers. All puzzles are provided in two versions to allow differentiation in the classroom plus a vocabulary handout for reference. Answer keys are included. Easy to use – just print and go. Handy for fast finishers or substitute lessons.
The words included in the puzzles are: butterfly, moth, caterpillar, spider, ladybug, beetle, pill bug, grasshopper, bee, ant, dragonfly, snail, slug, fly, worm and centipede.
1. Picture word search – the easier version has both word and picture clues, the other just the pictures.
2. Picture crossword – crossword with picture clues. One version has the first letter of each word already written in the grid for an extra hint.
3. Word scramble: seeing double – 9 word scrambles where the letters are given in picture grids but also include extra letters. Students must first cross out any repeated letters then rearrange the remaining letters to make the names of bugs. The easier version also gives a picture of each bug as an additional clue.
4. Missing letters puzzle – version one has missing vowels, the other has alternate letters missing. The student matches the answers to the correct picture.
5. Codebreaker – the easier version gives a full key to the letters, whilst the harder one gives only some of the letters and the student must use this information and the pictures to work out the remaining letters. The completed words are matched to the pictures.
6. Mini acrostics with hidden words – two acrostics with picture clues. Students fill in the words across the page to reveal two hidden bug words written down the page. One version has the first letter of each word already written in.
7. Vocabulary handout
If you like this, you might also be interested in Bug Bingo
, which uses the same 16 words and pictures.
Please look at the thumbnails before purchasing to ensure that this resource meets your needs.
I create all the artwork used in my resources. The Bug Clip Art
used in these puzzles is available to buy for personal or commercial educational purposes.
I would love to hear about your experience with Bug Puzzles in the classroom so please fill in the feedback form on your ‘My Purchases’ page – and earn points towards your next purchase too!
More fun puzzles, games and clip art will be uploaded soon to Leebling. To be notified of new resources, please click on the green star to follow my store.