BUGGY MOVEMENT ACTIVITIES are perfect to get your “littles” moving in music classes or in your preschool activities. Students will love imitating the different bugs while developing gross and fine motor skills. Elementary teachers will love using these bug movement cards for brain breaks too. Best for Preschool through 2nd grade ages.
RESOURCE INCLUDES: (Does NOT include music)
- 14 Movement Cards
- Power Point Presentation and PDF files
- Activity Directions
- How to insert audio into your presentation directions
- FREEZE- Stop the music and students freeze in place.
- FREE CHOICE- Students can choose their own moves.
- Twist- Students twist up and down.
- Marching Ants- Students can march in place or march around the room or circle
- Flapping Wings- Have students “fly” around the room.
- Worm Moves- Students can lie on the floor and slide like a worm.
- Bee Knees- Students pat knees on the beat.
- Sway and Swoop- Students sway side to side while dipping down. Encourage large arm movements.
- Hop on 1 Foot- Students hop on 1 foot. Remind them to switch feet.
- Glide Side to Side- Students can glide (side step) around the circle or in their spaces.
- Wiggle- Encourage students to wiggle arms, hands, fingers, toes, head and the entire body.
- Spin Around- Encourage students to spin in their space. Remind them to switch directions.
- Sit and Stand- Encourage students to crouch down and then stand up like a squat.
USE THIS RESOURCE:
- Music and movement activities- choose music to help students move high/low, fast/slow, short and long moves.
- Freeze Dance Activities
- Connect Life Cycle and Science lesson with movement activities
- Build Classroom Community
- Transition Activity
- Connect Movement with Learning
- Develop Music Listening Skills
- Cross Body (Cross the Midline) Movement
- Gross Motor Movement
- Fine Motor Movement
- Team Building
HOME SCHOOL APPLICATIONS:
- Give your children the chance to play games, learn to work together, take turns and develop their movement skills.
- Connect nature with music and movement.
- Perfect for your spring science lessons.
MORE CREATIVE MOVEMENT ACTIVITIES:
ABOUT SING PLAY CREATE LLC.
All products and works are copyrighted by Sing Play Create LLC. Buyers may get Free store credit by going to "my purchases" and click on "Provide Feedback". Ratings and helpful feedback are welcomed.
Want a Freebie every month? Subscribe to my Website Newsletter.
QUESTIONS? Please use the "Ask a Question" section of my TpT store. Or, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
CONNECT WITH ME HERE: