Buggy for Words is a product created for students to apply their sight words in an engaging way.
There are ten learning sections to this download:
1. Buggy for Letters:Letter Recognition is a focus during guided reading, literacy centers, and intervention during the beginning of Kindergarten. The following activities are designed for letter recognition and matching upper and lowercase letters.
*Alphabet Puzzles: Print, laminate and cut puzzles apart. Students will enjoy matching the uppercase letter to the corresponding lowercase letter. Each puzzle piece has an alphabet letter and a colorful picture for the beginning sound (exception for the letter Xx with fox).
*The Handwriting Practice and Letter Circle Maps: These are perfect when introducing the letter of the week or for your literary centers. Students can practice writing the letter, then they can draw examples that begin with that letter sound. It's great for Daily 5, Handwriting Practice, Center Work, etc.
*Roll and Color: Students will roll a dice and count the dots. They can use paint dobbers or colors to match lowercase letters.
2. Buggy for Sight Words:Sight words are often a focus during guided reading, literacy centers, and intervention. This can give the teacher an opportunity to explicitly teach the word, along with proper letter formation and pencil grip. Designed for repetition and practice. Would be great for a portable Word Wall or Take Home Word Wall Bags.
Print the cards, laminate and put on a ring. All the words that begin with the letter Aa, would go under Aa (the same process for each corresponding letter). It is designed so that students can take the words off the Word Wall and practice as needed.
*A-Z Circle Headers
*Buggy Sight Words
*Buggy Word Practice
3. Buggy for Writing: Buggy for Writing is created so that students can use the sight word cards and apply them in their writing. The papers are tiered to advance with students as they grow as writers throughout the school year.
4. Spin It, Write It!: Designed for hands on repetition that is fun and interactive. Print the word wall game cards or fill in the blank version with your choice. Students will use a pencil and a paperclip as their spinner. They will spin the word and write the word on the correct row. They will continue having fun until each row is filled.
5. Buggy Over Puzzles: Designed for tactile repetition and sight word practice. There are two puzzles per page. Print the puzzles, laminate and cut on the solid lines. Students will love using the fun buggy images to create a picture and build the sight word.
6. Buggy Board Fun:Designed for sight word recognition and repetition. You will need 2-3 players for this game. Provide each player with a game marker and have them place their marker on “Start”. Players take turns rolling the dice and moving the designated number of spaces. The player must then read the word. The first player to reach the “end” wins the game.
7. Buggy for Books: A sight Word reader that helps students learn sight words, sentence structure, punctuation, and increase fluency.
8. Buggy for Reading: Buggy for Reading goes along with the literature connection, “The Very Busy Spider”.
First read the book as a whole group or small literature circle.
Then use the web to create a sight word web. You can create a large class web across the classroom where students write words on index cards and attach them to the web. Students can also create their own web using the one provided. They can use the letters provided or magnetic letters to build the word in the web. Another option is for students to create the craft web.
Build a Bug Challenge! This STEM Challenge is the perfect way to get students excited about insects and celebrate all their hard work reading and writing their sight words. Students will build an insect within given parameters while using their creative side to make it unique!
9. Celebrate your students success with certificates and brag tags. Each option is available in color and black and white. Students will feel proud to share that they know all their letters and sight words.
10. Organization Labels: Are created for the colorful 4x6 photo keeper storage box sold at Michaels.