Place value can be spooky. . . but who says spooky has to be a bad thing? With the purchase of this 52 page file you will receive a week's worth of activities that are spook-tacularly fun! Each of the 5 activities will provide hands on and cooperative learning opportunities for your students to explore place value concepts.
1. Scaredy Cat Split (students will determine the amount of tens/ones within a number).
2. Skeleton Search (students will match numbers with base ten pieces that depict each number).
3. Frankenstein Roll! (students will roll dice to create 2 digit numbers that they will build with base ten pieces).
4. Dracula's Domino Challenge (students will use dominoes to create 2 digit numbers that they will build with base ten pieces).
5. Batty Spinners (students will spin a number, determine the amount of tens/ones within the number, and build it with base ten pieces).
Common Core Math Standard: 1.NBT.B.2- -Understand that the 2 digits of a 2 digit number represent amounts of tens and ones.