This 160 page packet has everything you need to teach your kiddos all about bugs (and more).
informative text for the following animals:
In addition to the informational articles, this packet includes:
- vocabulary cards with pictures
- comprehension questions (close reading)
- comprehension activity – students respond to text and prove their thinking ----numerous graphic organizers (KWL’s, Can-Have-Are’s, fact recording organizer, note taking organizer, splash pages, word flips, 5 Things you never knew, venn diagram, and much more)
- several activity sheets (word search, crossword puzzle, ABC order, noun/verb sort, noun/verb/adjective sort, long and short vowel sort, word building, compound word fill in, mixed up sentences)
- books (All About Bugs, Life cycle of any animal observation book, interesting word book, and several publishing options for writing)
All of these activities align with the following Common Core Standards:
Actively engage in group reading activities with purpose and understanding.
With prompting and support, read informational texts appropriately complex for grade 1.
By the end of year, read and comprehend informational texts, including history/social studies, science, and technical texts, in the grades 2-3 text complexity band proficiently, with scaffolding as needed at the high end of the range.
Ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
Recognize the distinguishing features of a sentence (e.g., first word, capitalization, ending punctuation).
Distinguish long from short vowel sounds in spoken single-syllable words.
Recognize and read grade-appropriate irregularly spelled words.
Please feel free to email to ask any questions you may have before purchasing (firstname.lastname@example.org).