This packet includes everything you’ll need to help your students with building words using short vowels. Decoding simple CVC words, nonsense word fluency, and reading words with blends and digraphs are essential skills for any young reader.
This packet is a great way to help students increase their mastery of word building, decoding, and identifying real and nonsense words. Perfect for RTI, small groups, and centers!
See what’s Included:
• 26 Build-A-Word Short Vowel Cards – each vowel is designated by a different “sweet treat. Blanks are included for making your own word family cards!
• 45 consonant & consonant blend cards for EACH vowel CVC group – designated by a different “sweet treat”. Great for management & assisting learners with making words.
• Recording Sheets: Students will record words they build & color to identify real and nonsense words. There are options for focusing on specific word families, and for single short vowel groups.
• Differentiated Assessments – half page lower and upper level sheets to meet your students needs, one for each short vowel sound.
• A Sorting Center for all vowel sounds & a recording sheet.
There are 88 useable pages in all!! No filler – just everything you need to help your kids build & read words!
Please see the preview for more pictures of everything that is included, as well as pictures of it in use!
Note: This is a FULL COLOR file. The recording sheets and assessments are in black/white to save ink; however, the Build-a-Word cards, beginning sound cards, and sorting center are all in full color. Printing instructions including specific pages are included to help you maximize your ink usage.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you so much!!! :)