Thank you for purchasing this package! I hope you and your students love it as much as mine do!
There are enough cards that all possible combinations to make 0 through 10 are included (35 cards)!
1. Print out as many recording sheets (included in this packet) as you need! (I give one sheet per student working on the activity.)
2. Print out cards on white cardstock/construction paper.
3. Using a paper cutter, cut each page down the middle both vertically AND horizontally. Each page then becomes 4 separate task cards.
4. OPTION: Attach cards together with a binder ring.
5. Gather dry erase markers and linking cubes and get started!
I use these cards during math centers. Children sit together at the center with a box of linking cubes and the addition task cards. They can work together OR individually. They must read a card, follow its directions (i.e., build 6 [put 6 cubes together], then add 4 [attach 4 cubes to it]), and calculate the sum (6 + 4 = 10). Finally, they use a dry erase marker to write “10” in the designated box on the task card. Then it’s time to move to the next card!
Kids get a lot of addition practice modeling math and writing equations and sums in just a short amount of time.