The aim of this activity is to provide a relaxed and engaging way to practice and develop the students’ word recognition, spelling, phonological awareness and reading. It can be used as a whole class activity or in your literacy centers. My students love it!
This product includes:
• 9 x colored ‘Build A Word’ mats without writing lines
• 9 x colored ‘Build A Word’ mats with writing lines
• 4 x black and white ‘Build A Word’ mats without writing lines
• 4 x black and white ‘Build A Word’ mats with writing lines
• 199 x colored high frequency word cards
• 199 x black and white high frequency word cards
To use this product:
Print and laminate the ‘Build A Word’ mats you want to use.
Print and laminate the high frequency words you want to use.
Give a ‘Build A Word’ mat and high frequency word card to your student/s. They place the word in the ‘Read It’ section. They then ‘build’ it using materials such as magnetic letters, play dough, etc.
They then have a go at writing the word.
You might also be interested in:
• Sight Word Close Activities / Worksheets
• Sight Words Wall Posters
• Sight Words Large Flash Cards
• Sight Words Bundle
• Sight Words Monster Puzzles
• Sight Words Build It, Read It, Say It Mats - Bird Theme
• Sight Words Take Home Sheets
• Sight WordsPuzzles - Rainbow Theme
Follow Little Wombats on Facebook