Here is an engaging classroom display you can build with your students beginning day 1! Our kids need to know the caring adults around them and it begins with knowing their names.
By starting with a blank wall, we can teach the reading process
and writing process
. Not only does this engage our readers and writers, it supports school and classroom community.
"But one of the things that we never discuss or we rarely discuss...is the value and importance of human connection . . .relationships."
“No significant learning occurs without a significant relationship.”
“A relationship can begin by simply knowing someone’s name.”
As teachers, we must make every minute count!
This means that all of our teaching and learning must layer upon itself. Isolated learning does not stick and is not authentic.
Follow me and together, we will change the world!
Check out these free ideas:
• Colors and Color Words - Make Every Minute Count Idea #2
• Months of the Year and Class Birthday Board
• Please STOP saying, "That's what GOOD readers do!" There's a better way!
• ENGAGING Sight Word Practice - Make Every Minute Count Idea #1
• Build School and Classroom Community by Creating a Teacher Name Wall
• READING and WRITING Sight Words at EVERY Transition for Kinder and 1st Grade
The Next Page