Also included in
- The School Counselor Starter Pack contains FIVE school counseling essentials. It is perfect for new school counselors or counselors who are looking to get organized and keep students engaged! The Starter Pack is a bundle of 5 comprehensive resources that will help you be more efficient and organized$35.00$42.00Save $7.00
Looking to create your own counseling game out of any game you own? Build Your Own Counseling Game is a customizable, therapeutic game designed to be used with ANY game! It comes with 30 themed question cards that can be mixed and matched to create a new game every time you play. The low-prep cards can be use with any game such as Jenga®, Candy Land®, Don't Break the Ice®, Pop Up Pirate®, a beach ball, and more!
Using therapeutic questions with traditional games can help make counseling sessions fun and non-threatening as you increase social-emotional awareness, build social skills, and develop rapport with children. This resource is the perfect tool to create high engagement in your small groups and individual sessions!
- Exploring Feelings: Anger, Anxiety and Worry, Difficult Feelings, Positive Feelings, Self-Esteem, Gratitude, Feelings Charades, How Would You Feel?, Coping Skills
- Topic Specific: Grief and Loss, Pet Loss, Changing Families, Intake Questions, Last Session, New Student
- Friendships & Social Skills: Friendships, “I Message, ”What Would You Do?, Social Skills, What’s Your Opinion?
- Getting to Know You: All About Me, All About School, Reflection
- Fun Topics: Just for Fun, Talk About It, Would You Rather, Favorites, Imagination
✔ PowerPoint with editable templates to make your own cards
✔ Directions and game ideas
✔ Printable spinner
✔ Cover for your game cards
★ Download the preview file to see everything that is included!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What games can you use this with? You can use this resource with ANY game! Simply add a colored dot sticker to any games that are not already pre-colored. Favorite games to use include Jenga®, Candy Land®, Don't Break the Ice®, Pop Up Pirate®, The Fuzzies®, and a beach ball.
Is this resource editable? The individual cards come in a non-editable PDF. If you would like to create your own cards, an editable PowerPoint file is included!
What ages can you use this with? The questions in this resource best suit children in grades K-6. Refer to the topic list to see which cards are better suited for younger/older ages.
WHAT COUNSELORS ARE SAYING
"This is such an easy way to create a low-stress, yet productive counseling session! I used this with a Jenga set that I had and it has been great with individual students and groups of students. This gamified approach takes the pressure off of shy students or those who are hesitant to open up to the counselor and lets you build rapport in a fun way while also stimulating conversations about social emotional topics. It's great that you can mix and match low risk with high risk topics (favorites and negative feelings). So glad I bought this and can't wait to buy another game to use it with!"
"I love how this resource is so versatile! I love playing games with my students, and this is a great way to incorporate more intentional counseling with them. So much fun and so easy to use!"
"This is my go to resource whenever I'm first meeting a student and want to keep it fun and comfortable. I love that the questions can be used for any game just by color coding. It's simple, easy to grab and use."
If you have any questions, please contact me at EduKate.Inspire@gmail.com
Connect with me!
Blog - EduKate and Inspire
Instagram - @EduKateInspire
Facebook - EduKate and Inspire