Lesson complete with CCSS, worksheets, modified assignments, and instructions. Have your kids get creative while still hitting those standards and learning to compare/contrast characters will providing evidence from the text to support their design choices.
• Have student choose two characters to compare/contrast.
• Have them fill out the attached worksheet (s). (textual evidence worksheet may be reserved for higher levels)
• Using their ideas from their Venn Diagram, have students create popsicle puppet versions of their characters.
• Have students present their puppets to the class.
• *Alternative option- have students recreate a scene from the book using their puppets.