Also included in
- Combining creativity with digital skills, your students will love these Build-a-... digital art activities for Google Slides! Drag and drop moveable pieces let students build seasonal creations, including a snowman, pumpkin, witch and many more! They boost the confidence of students who say they "ca$39.00$58.46Save $19.46
Students will be amazed and proud of their creations and new digital skills - and so will their mothers! Creating a bouquet of flowers as the centerpiece of their Mother's Day card is actually a brilliant way to teach and develop their digital skills. I've included a full video to explain all of the skills they'll require, including how to drag and drop, rotate, resize and reorder objects. These are summarized in "top technical tips" slides that include little tasks to let them practice the skills before creating their bouquet.
Students will be thrilled with this fun digital art task, and will undoubtedly beg to make one for every special person in their life - moms, grandmas, aunts and more!
How the digital card works:
- Students watch a video* or read through the written instructions
- They practice technical skills
- Pick a border color
- Drag and drop flowers onto the stems, using new skills
- Add a ribbon / wrap to the bouquet
- Choose and personalize the sender card
- Decorate if they want to
- Complete the personal message slide - lots of ideas are given
- Share and/or download their digital card (the slides are letter sized if students wish to print their cards - however, there is no need for printing! Perfect for students without a printer.)
- If younger children are using it, you could suggest it as a fun mom and child activity to create it together
This card is suitable for mom/mum/grandma/aunts, etc. as the language used in the video is "special person". The instructions slides have headings that say "Mother's Day", and the card does not have any set writing, so it can be sent to whomever the child wants.
Build a Mother's Day Card includes:
- Student slides - 14 Google Slides with LOADS of moveable pieces, video and detailed written instructions, color choices for borders, and more.
- Teacher guidance - advice on differentiation, instructions and assigning the slides to Google Classroom
Please note: You will need a Google Classroom set up for your students and each student will need their own device and an internet connection to use this resource. Drag and drop clipart cannot be extracted or used outside this activity. The video instructions are delivered via YouTube - please ensure your district allows this and your students can access YouTube before completing your purchase (written instructions are included so the video is not strictly necessary).
Want seasonal fun all year?
Check out my other "Build-a-..." digital art activities:
- Build an Elf - design an elf's outfit and winter scene
- Build a Christmas Tree - pick and decorate a festive Christmas tree!
- Build a snowman - create a snowman and a winter wonderland
- Build a turkey - a fun Thanksgiving activity
- Build a sandcastle - perfect for summer
- Build a pumpkin - a spooky hallowe'en design
- Build a witch - spooky or friendly, which witch will your students create?!
- Build a bunny - a cute Easter / spring scene
- Build a mother's day card - create a beautiful bouquet of flowers for mom - very popular!
- Build a backpack - fun back to school activities
- Build an alien - you will love seeing what your students come up with here!
⭐⭐⭐ Follow my store by ! ⭐⭐⭐