Rhyming words puzzles and flashcards, plus cut and paste activities.
Students should be familiar with the sounds of most letters (including vowels) before using these activities.
• Print the pages on 110 card stock for best results. Cut out the cards. They are color coded according the vowel used. For example, each word/card using the letter “a” has a red border.
• Use the cards whole for reading, matching and rhyming games before cutting them into two pieces. The children should be able to relate each picture to its word, and know what the word looks like whole, before the cards are cut into two pieces.
• When the students are ready to begin matching the two parts of each card, begin slowly with just 2 or three words (6 pieces)
• Store each set of vowels (cards) in a separate zip lock bag for convenience
This set of activity centers includes:
• 60 2-piece word/picture card puzzles, 30 pairs of words. 6 rhyming pairs for each of the 5 short vowels.
• List of the 60 words featured in this pack – 12 words (6 rhyming pairs) for each of the 5 vowels.
• Set of flashcards of each of the 60 words, without a picture, written in large, clear print. The card borders are color coded according the vowel used.
• Flashcards of each of the 5 vowels, with color coded borders.
• 12 cut and paste printables – cut and paste the correct vowel in each word, 5 words/pictures on each printable, one for each of the vowels.
KidSparkz Teacher Resources