Also included in
- Includes TpT Digital activities for Google Classroom remote learning.Make learning fun with these Winter STEM Challenges! Build a STEM Snowman, have a STEM Snow Ball Fight, engineer a STEM Snow Fort, and create STEM Sleds! Your students will love this winter-themed STEM Activities Bundle!Students re$10.00$12.00Save $2.00
- Includes TpT Digital version for Google Classroom remote learning.Integrate STEM in your classroom with this awesome Seasonal STEM Bundle!Watch your students laugh as they learn with engaging STEM challenges for each season. These activities are perfect for helping students learn to work cooperative$30.00$52.50Save $22.50
- Includes TpT Digital version for Google Classroom Distance Learning.Make learning fun with these Winter STEM Challenges! Our 12 most popular Winter STEM projects are all you need to keep your kids engaged during the long winter months! Amazing winter resource for STEM club, STEM Teachers, and elemen$25.00$39.00Save $14.00
- Integrate STEM in your classroom all year!Engage your students in a fun and unique way! STEM Projects are perfect for helping students learn to work cooperatively in small groups and growing on their own. Each STEM challenge begins with a letter written to students explaining a problem they must sol$100.00$193.50Save $93.50
NOW INCLUDES Easel Activity Version for Google Classroom!
Do you want to build a Snowman?
In this Winter STEM Challenge, students receive a letter from the STEM snowman stating that there is a snowman building contest. In order to win, students must build the tallest snowman using only the materials provided. This is an excellent engaging activity for students to work on during the winter months!
This activity helps students develop critical thinking and engineering skills. Students plan, design, and execute their own ideas. After they have completed their activity, there is time for reflection on what worked and what didn't.
Aligns with NGSS(Next Generation Science Standards).
- Teacher Instructions
- Winter STEM Journal
- Student Instructions
- Student Planning Worksheets
- Student Reflection Worksheets
- NGSS Standards for activity
- TpT Digital Tool Version for Google Classroom
- Marshmallows (Various Sizes)
What Teachers are Saying About this Winter STEM Resource!
"I started teaching in December and knew that I wanted to incorporate STEM into my classroom as much as possible! I used this as my first STEM lesson in my class and the students loved it! They really did great! Now we do a STEM project weekly!!" - Miss R.
"I've been so excited to start STEM activities this year with my second graders. I know they are going to love this pack and the part I'm most excited about is the little booklets I can print to give to each of my students for them to plan and reflect on their project. That makes it so much more meaningful to them. Thank you!" - Aimee B.
"This activity offered my students a nice "break" from our traditional flow while still requiring them to think and to communicate and reason with one another! It was a great addition to our winter fun!" - Elizabeth A.
"I used this for our school's Science Discovery Night and it was extremely popular! Our table was packed with kids for the hour and a half! We had a blast!" - Cresta H.
"My first graders worked with their kindergarten buddies on the snowman stem project. They were challenged, creative, and had fun at the same time." - Heather H.
"I did this with my fifth graders who all thought it was going to be super easy but they found out it wasn't as easy as they hoped. They really had to think! Thanks for a great resource!" - Rebecka S.
More Winter STEM Activities that your students will love!
- Dreidel Maker Hanukkah STEM Challenge
- Santa's Sleigh Builder Christmas STEM Activity
- Christmas Tree Cup STEM Challenge
- Silent Jingle Bells Christmas STEM Activity
- Polar Express Jingle Bell Maze Christmas Read Aloud STEM Activity
- How to Catch an Elf Trap Christmas Read Aloud STEM Activity
- Olive the Other Reindeer Christmas Read Aloud STEM Activity
- The Gingerbread Man Gingerbread Disguise Read Aloud STEAM Activity
- Build a Snow Fort Winter STEM Activity
- Build a Snow Man Winter STEM Activity
- Build a Sled Winter STEM Activity
- Snow Ball Fight Winter STEM Activity
- Design a Snowflake January STEM Activity
- Build a Polar Bear Den January STEM Activity
- Build a Penguin Raft January STEM Activity
- Build a Podium Martin Luther King Jr. Day STEM Activity
Aligns to NGSS:
K-2-ETS1-1 Engineering Design
Ask questions, make observations, and gather information about a situation people want to change to define a simple problem that can be solved through the development of a new or improved object or tool.
K-2-ETS1-2 Engineering Design
Develop a simple sketch, drawing, or physical model to illustrate how the shape of an object helps it function as needed to solve a given problem.
3-5-ETS1-2 Engineering Design
Generate and compare multiple solutions to a problem based on how well each is likely to meet the criteria and constraints of the problem.
3-5-ETS1-3 Engineering Design
Plan and carry out fair tests in which variables are controlled and failure points are considered to identify aspects of a model or prototype that can be improved.