Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
• "This product is awesome!! I am an ESL teacher, and a lot of my students get discouraged while writing because of the difficulty due to the level of their language proficiency. I used these a couple of times already this week with my students (newcomers included, but I modified their writing for them) and they loved it! They enjoyed that they just got to have fun and be creative with their writing! Thank you!"
ADD COLOR AND HUMOR TO YOUR WRITING CENTER WITH THESE CARD DECKS.
These colorful, humorous cards make creative writing fun, even for reluctant writers. Students select Character, Setting, and Problem cards and then weave the elements into their stories. Draw multiple characters, settings, and/or problems to make stories more complex! The variety of combinations is almost limitless. The process of weaving the three prompts together leads to unique and fun stories.
Contents –You won't run out of ideas with the following:
104 character cards
104 setting cards
104 problem cards
Writing stationery for both full sheets and interactive notebooks.
How I Use These Decks of Cards
• The variety is endless! Students have fun weaving the three prompts together in their stories.
• I keep each set of cards in a separate matching plastic baskets. That way, students know where the cards go after they’ve copied the character, setting, and problem onto a writing sheet (provided).
• At times when we need a class prompt for a quick write, I have one student pull a character (or more), one pull a setting, and one pull the problem. After we finish writing (including me), we share our stories. It’s fun to compare our stories!
• Near our writing center, I have a separate creative writing board where students can post their stories by fastening them along a fishing line with a clothespin.
ADDITIONAL PRODUCTS FOR LEARNING FUN
Thank you for stopping by!
Creative writing, daily writing, morning meeting, daily five, writing prompts, writing centers, literacy