Also included in
- Are you teaching Physics? Look no further – Mrs. Brosseau’s Binder has what you need! I’ve bundled my Physics resources with a HUGE DISCOUNT! As I add more Physics resources to my store I will update this file with those resources. As such, the price will increase with each added resource – but$425.00$589.50Save $164.50
• research and design a projectile launcher (catapult, ballista, trebuchet, etc.) that converts either elastic potential energy or gravitational potential energy into kinetic energy to launch the projectile
• document the building process
• calibrate the launcher to hit targets at various distances
• design and implement their own inquiry experiment
• write a formal lab report
• and for fun – see whose catapult can achieve the greatest range
This is such a fun and rewarding project. Check out my blog post to see pictures and additional benefits of having students build devices in Physics.
This outline includes:
• 2-page outline of the project
• 2-page outline of the lab report
• 1-page to record data for target shooting
• 2 pages of suggestions and tips to make this the best project ever!
• a link to an editable Google Form Rubric that you can use to mark this project very quickly!
This incredible time-saver has a rubric and over 80 comments you can simply click on in order to give your students descriptive feedback on their research and design, calibration and target shooting, design and implementation of their lab and their formal lab report.
If you haven’t used Google Forms yet with the docAppender add-on check out my blog post
to see how you could save hours of marking, while increasing the amount of feedback you provide students.
When you download this zipped folder, you will receive a PDF version and an editable .docx version to adjust to the needs of your students and curriculum.
More Chemistry Resources
More Physics Resources
More Biology Resources
More Science Resources
Love what you see?
Follow my store by clicking the ★ above
Blog Instagram Pinterest Facebook