Also included in
- Are you looking for some activities and resources to begin the school year? Are you also looking for some resources to use throughout the school year? Some of the resources are geared toward the beginning of the year and some can be used throughout the entire year. The purpose of this Back to School$199.00$255.75Save $56.75
- Social Emotional Learning is a very important component to student success. It’s important to start the year off with you trying to get to know your students, them getting to know you, and for your students to get to know each other. The resources provided in this bundle are intended to help create$79.42$88.25Save $8.83
Here is an engaging building classroom community activity you won't want to miss. One of the hardest things for students to do is to refrain from saying hurtful words to other classmates. This excellent back to school classroom management lesson is a visual reminder of what it is like if hurtful words are spoken. Students will compare the difficulty of putting toothpaste back into a tube of toothpaste to trying to fix hurtful words said to someone. This is perfect for the beginning of the school year.
Here is what you will get:
- Detailed 2-page lesson plan for the teacher including: goals, materials needed, steps to follow
- Three toothpaste examples
The purpose of this activity is for students to show their understanding of how it feels when hurtful words are spoken. Students will come away with a better understanding of how to treat their classmates the way they want to be treated.
Prep is quick and easy... Just print out the lesson directions, get a tube a toothpaste and a toothpick and you are all set!
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Taylor S: This was a great learning activity! I have done a similar lesson to this in a different form and I found this activity to be extremely engaging to the students. They fully understood the concept that I was getting across to them.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Austin Y: This lesson is a life skill. OH MY GOSH my students were all about it, so engaged and totally understood the life lesson behind it at the end of the activity. I LOVED this, it also brought out some amazing discussions. Get this for back to school or if you need to regroup and re-focus the classroom environment!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Kimberly F: My students loved this activity. We did it in the very beginning of the year, and I think it made an impact on them. They still talk about this.
Check out our other great Back to School resources by clicking on each name below!
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
- Click the green star to get email notifications about new resources and sales.
- Join our newsletter.
- Find our blog – Creativity in the Modern Classroom or follow us on Facebook.
Copyright © Wise Guys
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.