Included in this download are five excellent community building activities:
- Getting to Know You: Students interview one another using a series of unique questions. Then, a twist follows: they must take their interview results, and create a presentation about their interview subject to the class. A wide variety of media may be considered!
- The Eyes Have It: Students write riddle ‘clues’ about themselves. Questions are mounted on a page with a snapshot of just their eyes, with a page in back that features their entire face. This makes for a great bulletin board!
- A Treasure Like No Other: Students write a description, in paragraph form, of a photograph they’ve taken of a treasured ‘item’. Graphic organizer and paragraph planner included!
- A Poem for Two Voices: In partnerships, students select a theme and write a poem about that theme together. Again, there’s a twist to make it interesting – neither partner will know what the other is writing!
- Math Buddy Stations: 10 math station activities for partners! Concepts covered include comparing/contrasting, patterns, making combinations, logical reasoning, building numbers, basic operations, creative expression, fractions, and multi-step problem solving. Recording sheets are provided for those activities that require them...all that your kids will need access to are your regular classroom resources.
As a small bonus, I'm also including my New Buddy Hunt, which is a free download in my store, and a great fit for this pack!
Additional directions can be found on the title page of each activity. I've included organizers and planners for any activities that require them, as well as final draft pages.
Thanks for checking it out!