This is a self-paced online certificate class on how to Build Digital Citizens. Topics include:
* Copyrights, Fair Use, Public Domain
* Digital Commerce
* Digital Communications
* Digital Footprint/Digital Privacy
* Digital Rights and Responsibilities
* Digital Search/Research
* Internet Safety
* Social Media
Each topic has three phases (introductory, working on, mastered) to adapt to where you are (or where your students are) in digital citizenship.
By the end of this class, you'll know:
* Know how to blend digital citizenship into lesson plans
* Be comfortable in your knowledge of digital citizenship
* Have progressive steps to teach each topic: Introduction, Working on, and Mastered
* Become an advocate of safe, legal, and responsible use of the internet
* Exhibit a positive attitude toward using technology that supports collaboration, learning, and productivity
* Demonstrate personal responsibility for lifelong learning
* Exhibit leadership in teaching and living as a digital citizen
When you sign up, you'll get a PDF much like the preview. Except:
Go to page 2 for the Join instructions
Request to join the online classroom and you will receive the Join Code. Work through the topics and phases at your own pace, on your own digital device. Self-assess your progress on a collaborative spreadsheet. Ask for help anytime from me via email or the Discussion Boards. When done, let me know and I send you a Certificate.
Questions? Askatechteacher at gmail dot com.