The materials included in this product focus on words with the following consonant digraphs: ch, sh, th, wh, ph, -ck.
The following are brief descriptions of the materials provided in this product for EACH consonant digraph:
* Word cards: Prereading practice for students who need support blending words with digraphs. Provide a tactile experience by having students tap the touch-points as they read. These words are featured in the passage included.
* Phrase strips: Help students build fluency reading words with digraphs within phrases. These phrases are featured in the passage included.
* A decodable passage that corresponds to each consonant digraph: The student copy may be used for independent student reading. Have students identify words containing digraphs within the passage prior to reading.
* Pyramid reading cards: help students build fluency with sentence structure prior to reading. The pyramids may be used independently per student or in a small group setting. They are numbered for convenient organization.
* Teacher copy of the passage: fluency assessment tool to monitor student progress.
* Extra word cards and phrase strips: for extended practice building fluency with digraphs.
NOTE: Throughout this product, I utilized a font that is supportive for children with dyslexia, so these materials should be conducive to students who may display dyslexic characteristics.
Please view the preview file for an accurate visual representation of this product.