Building Fluency with Consonant Digraphs
Also included in
- This GROWING bundle will continue to expand to include a variety of skill-based fluency activities that target specific syllable types and/or spelling patterns. The materials are based on the Orton-Gillingham approach for reading instruction and are designed to provide tactile experiences with phoniPrice $31.60Original Price $39.50Save $7.90
The materials included in this product focus on words with the following consonant digraphs: ch, sh, th, wh, ph, -ck.
The following are brief descriptions of the materials provided in this product for EACH consonant digraph:
* Word cards: Prereading practice for students who need support blending words with digraphs. Provide a tactile experience by having students tap the touch-points as they read. These words are featured in the passage included.
* Phrase strips: Help students build fluency reading words with digraphs within phrases. These phrases are featured in the passage included.
* A decodable passage that corresponds to each consonant digraph: The student copy may be used for independent student reading. Have students identify words containing digraphs within the passage prior to reading.
* Pyramid reading cards: help students build fluency with sentence structure prior to reading. The pyramids may be used independently per student or in a small group setting. They are numbered for convenient organization.
* Teacher copy of the passage: fluency assessment tool to monitor student progress.
* Extra word cards and phrase strips: for extended practice building fluency with digraphs.
NOTE: Throughout this product, I utilized a font that is supportive for children with dyslexia, so these materials should be conducive to students who may display dyslexic characteristics.
*** UPDATE: This file has been revised to include TWO versions: The first version contains with the font supportive of children with dyslexia. The second version (beginning on page 70) contains the Verdana font, which is also proven to be a supportive font for dyslexic readers. This provides you with options, should your computer/printer not read the dyslexic font. ***
Please view the preview file for an accurate visual representation of this product.