Building Relationships - Grades 3-5 - SEL - Lesson Plans, Journals & more
What educators are saying
Building relationships in your classroom is incredibly important to how your class is structured. When you build the relationships with students, you will have more collaboration among your class and students.
Week 1: Building Relationships
- Overcoming Differences
- Learning about a friend
- Interests in Friends
- Asking Questions
Week 2: Making Friends
- 5 Ways to Make friends
- Talk to someone you don't know
- Friends & Disagreements
- 2 sides of the story
- Friends being important
Week 3: Collaboration & Teamwork
- Define Collaboration & Teamwork
- Hog vs. Log
- How to Collaborate
- How to be a good team player
- Giving 100%
Week 4: Big Feelings
- Identifying big feelings
What is Included in this Resource?
- 20 detailed lessons. -Week long version and Daily version
- Scope & Sequence
- Included in the lessons: Introduction, Discussion, Daily Activity, and Conclusion
- Weekly Picture Book related to the topic
- Toolbox with strategies to support students new learning
- 20 Days of a Daily Journal
- Bulletin Board (Interactive)
- Anchor Charts
About this unit:
1. It should take about 20 school days (a month) to complete. You can complete each lesson in 15 minutes, however you can extend it if you want.
2. All discussion prompts are included and you have all of your material included in the unit.
3. All the planning for SEL time is done for you and there is a weekly overview of the lessons.
4. This does align with CASEL's SEL Competencies.
5. I would recommend this unit for 3rd-5th grade classrooms.
- Communicating effectively
- Developing positive relationships
- Demonstrating cultural competency
- Practicing teamwork and collaborative problem-solving
- Resolving conflicts constructively
- Resisting negative social pressure
- Showing leadership in groups
- Seeking or offering support and help when needed
- Standing up for the rights of others
- From: CASEL
Teachers like you said:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This has been such a great resource as it targets so many SEL skills my students are working on! I loved how simple it was to incorporate into our daily lessons and routines. It's been so helpful!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Our morning starts with family meeting and an SEL lesson. This resource helped me extend on my lessons beyond what our curriculum provided. This was a great place to go back to when I was stuck or needed something to supplement that days lesson.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️SEL has been a big focus this year, and early on and during testing, my kids have struggled a bit with stress. This resource helped them develop strategies for managing stress, which will be so helpful as they move onto middle school.
You may also like...
No Prep! Class Meetings - Morning Meetings - Grades 3-5
Self-Management - Grades 3-5 - SEL - Lesson Plans, Activities & more!
Copyright © A Teacher's Wonderland, LLC.
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.