The Star Witness Memory Game
Imagine that you are the star witness in the case of the cookie bandit. Someone wearing a not-so-clever disguise just tiptoed away with a giant bag of cookies. Hey, not so fast, cookie bandit! Lucky for cookie lovers like us, you saw who did it.
Do you remember what the cookie bandit looks like? Collect the cards that describe all 4 features of that sneaky bandit and win the game!
Designed to boost visual memory, the Star Witness Game is also a great way to build working memory. Students must hold the visual image of their bandit in mind all while making decisions and taking action. Careful! Drawing and discarding cards that don’t fit the description can be VERY distracting, even for the grown-ups.
• Simplify the challenge for younger students. (See “Alternative Ways to Play.”)
• Build auditory memory with a variation of the game.
• Use the game cards to strengthen language skills by asking students to verbalize the bandit’s features.
• Great tool for educational therapists working with older students.
You will spend a little time printing and cutting the Star Witness Game (and laminating it if you choose). Then enjoy strengthening visual, auditory, and working memory, as well as attention and language skills, for years to come!
Single pdf Includes:
• Cover (Page 2 is intentionally blank for easy duplex printing.)
• Game instructions
• 24 bandit cards (front and back)
• 56 feature cards with 4 bonus cards (front and back)
• Alternative ways to play
• Sincere thank you from Inner Pieces Gallery
For younger students just beginning to build visual memory skills you might enjoy Building Visual Memory Skills with Matching Games (One for every month!)
You’ll also find these VISUAL MEMORY activities for kids bundled in a larger e-book here:
Building Visual Memory Skills THE BOOK
© 2014 Inner Pieces Gallery. Not for commercial use. Available for personal or single classroom use only.