At the beginning of every school year, you need to establish your writing community within your own classroom. This comprehensive BUNDLE can guide you through the process step-by-step; day-by-day.
I have developed my writing lesson power point presentations using the NEW planning and pacing guide for 5th grade in Fairfax County, Virginia and Virginia ELA SOLs, but I think the lesson could be adapted for 4th and 6th grades.
This is a COMPLETE UNIT including:
* Fourteen thoroughly scaffolded lessons aligned with FCPS NEW Planning and Pacing Guides and Common Core State Standards (CCSS);
* Learning Targets and Reflections;
* Sentence Stems for Turn~and~Talk and Feedback Loops; Gallery Walks, Jigsaw Sharing;
* Exit Tickets and Checklists
This is the COMPREHENSIVE plan you need! In these lessons, students will go through the whole writing process to publish their first pieces of the school year on Google Classroom!
Purchased separately, these would cost $48.75.
1 Gathering Informational Entries
1 Gathering Narrative Entries
1 Gathering Opinion Entries
2 Gathering Entries - A Story I Want to Tell
3 Gathering Entries for a Specific Audience
4 Gathering Entries Across Genres
Choosing an Entry
1 Planning and Developing Drafts
2 Planning and Developing Drafts
1 Drafting and Revising
2 Drafting and Revising
3 Drafting and Revising
Drafting and Revising Part 2
Editing and Publishing
Revising and Editing Checklists
Lesson aligned with and inspired by:
* FCPS ELA Planning and Pacing Guide – 5th Grade; Unit 1
* Virginia Standards of Learning
Communication 5.1 and Writing 5.7
Follow Me on Facebook
Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow Me on Instagram
Follow Me on Twitter
Follow Me on Teachers Pay Teachers