This product combines history, literacy, economics, and problem solving. It could easily be used as a STEM activity. If you don’t feel comfortable with the economics, don’t worry! I’m also including some possible discussion questions and teaching points to cover. Please check my TPT store for more products from this unit. I am working on adding several items, including book studies.
Please visit my Facebook page to see more photos of all of my products in action.
This product includes:
1. teacher instructions and suggestions.
2. an informational passage and questions. If you aren’t using this activity within a bigger unit, you could use it as a variation of a STEM activity by letting students read the passage first.
3. economics concepts and possible discussion questions.
4. planning page for student “families.”
5. Parent note and explanation of Hobo Stew day
6. photos of this activity in action.
7. reflection page for students